Wednesday 13 August 2008

Two Challenges in One!


This is my entry for Papertake Challenge and the Spoonful of Sugar Challenge. The Papertake challenge was to have button/buttons on tne card, while the Spoonful of Sugar Challenge was to have a secret message on it, so here I have combined the two. I used a Sugar Nellie stamp of her in the rain, splashing around and coloured her in using my distress inks in yellows and oranges. Then I used some Bazzil bling card to cover my card and then used some lovely yellow flowered paper , which I got free in some magazine and I love it, before I stuck it down onto my card I made a little flap on it to put my hidden message in. Then I mounted my stamped image on to some reddy/orange card and stuck it down with foam pads, to give it a raised effect. I then added some Prima flowers with flower brads to secure them and then I added some buttons on the top corner and one on the flap of the secret message. I then just wrote my secret message on in free hand.

15 comments:

Jilli said...

Fab card, loving the papers and the image is great.

Mrs Mayne said...

Great cards! Love the vibrant colours! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card. Kimx

Debbie said...

Fab card I love the hidden message, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous! Such a bright and cheerful card, love it

Bubbles said...

Fab card, love the papers, adorable image and how you have hidden the message. Thank you for joining in.
Joanne x

Dawn said...

Aww that is so cute and love your wee message

Chris said...

Love how you did your secret message, a great idea and a fantastic card! Hugs, Chris x

Karen Mortensen said...

That is just fabulous! There is so much to look at, I love it!! Thank you for taking part xx

Annie said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely message. I love the bright colours on your card and the secret message under the button! annie x

Rach said...

fabulous card, love the bright colours. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Great card love the colours and the image
Hugs Jacqui x

Trina said...

Cute card! Love the secret message!! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Anonymous said...

Really cute card - lovely papers and colours.

Becky said...

Love the stamp and the colours, it really brightens up a rainy day!
Love Becky xx