Friday 22 August 2008

Cutie Sunday Challenge

Here is my card for the Cutie Sunday Challenge. The theme was a sketch with some tags on. I have used a large card on this challenge as I couldn't fit onto a small card what ~I wanted to do with the sketch. I used some green card to mat my card with first and then I used some of the new Christmas Dovecrafts papers to make a pocket on the bottom of my card to hold my tags in. I cut a wavy border onto the top of my pocket just to give it a different effect. Then I used a stamped image of Father Christmas and coloured this in with distress inks and matted him onto a piece of the green card and then put that onto some gold mirri board. Then for the sentiment I used some little letters from the Dovecraft tin of Traditional Christmas Tags to read Merry Xmas and mat and layered that the same way as the image. Then I took two of the lovely tags that match the paper and threaded some gold Merry Christmas ribbon throught them and tied them and secured them into the pocket. Thanks for looking .

4 comments:

Tina said...

a very cute card!
Thanks for playing.

Hugs
Tina

Arline said...

This is lovely! Love your wavy effect and that Santa is sooo cute!xx

*Arwen* said...

What a great Santa card =)
Thanks for taking part
xoxo Arwen

Becky said...

Such a great card! I love this sketch and this santa stamp!
Love Becky xx