Monday 7 May 2012

Trapped in doors due to Road Closure!

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well and enjoying your Bank Holiday Monday. Yesterday was glorious here but unfortunately most roads in our city were closed due to 10km Road Race, so was really not possible to venture out towards the coast as you just couldn't get anywhere near it. I have to say felt so sorry for those who live on our coast as the roads were closed there from 8am until 5pm and those people were virtually prisoners in their own homes all day and it was such a lovely day, needless to say you can imagine the uproar it has caused here. I did the best thing and just satyed indoors and crafted what else can one do? I have only a couple of cards to blog this morning but will have probably a few more tomorrow, as not going anywhere today either and as usual typical Bank Holiday on TV, nothing worth watching, so what can one do but craft. So here is my first card and it is for Promarkers Challenge and that was to use a fairy on your creation. So I have used this cute LOTV image and used yellows as my theme, I love the sentiment on this image as it says " Never too old for a hug" how true. Colours I have used are blush, pastel beige, sandstone, caramel, yellow, tulip yellow, gold, and vanilla. I have added a nice bow and to finish her off have added some glitter to her wings and the stars on her dress.
My second card today is for Allsorts challenge which was black and white and also the sketch is this weeks challenge from Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. So I have used one of my all time fave stamps and used the monochrome effect hope you like how I have done it.
So that's it for now. Hope you have a lovely day whatever you are doing. Love and hugs Arlinexx

7 comments:

WeirdCat said...

Two cute cards, love the summery colours of the first, thank you for joining I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Sometimes being stuck in has its advantages:)

Great B+W card daisy looks great in monochrome and the papers were just perfect for this week

Thanks for playing in our black and white challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

You can also find us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Allsorts-Blog-Challenge/251780891537227

downrightcrafty said...

just beautiful cards can see you had a lovely long weekend, and a great take on the sketch this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Berit said...

Lovely cards, I just love the LOTV fairie.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Berit:)

Francesca said...

Great take on my sketch
thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck

Hugs
Francesca

Jo Channon said...

Really loving this card you have made a stunning job! I too love everything about LOTV! thankyou for joining in my Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

Mummylade said...

Such a lovely creation! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!