Tuesday 2 August 2011

Can't Sleep Too Muggy!!!

Well as I can't get to sleep tonight due to being to hot and the weather here being too muggy, I have decided to update my blog, at some stupid o'clock. I can't open big windows in the bedroom as we live near a Sainsburys store which they are busy extending  and most of the work seems to be getting done during the night, hence the noise.
This is my fave card of this little craft session, which I have had by myself tonight and its a digi image of a cool granny doing her exercise regime! and she is  from Pollycraft and as its in monochrome its my card for this weeks Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. The image is so fun and it can be sent to so many ladies for a tongue in the cheek card. So I have used mainly black, grey and white. I coloured her in, cut her out and then stuck her onto a die cut. Matt and layered using some black and white papers, added a large spotty organza bow and some white flowers and black buttons. I have just noticed her shorts look dark purple but it was a dark grey I used. Hope you like her as much as I do.
My next card is for Just Magnolia Challenge, which was to use buttons, blooms and bows. So I have used a Hanglar Stanglar image which is her getting ready to plant her blooms! So for this card I have used nice bright summery colours, keeping mainly to yellows and purples, adding buttons for the centre of the flowers and a nice spotty ribbon to finish it off.
Here is my card for this weeks Winter Wonderland Challenge which was fairies and angels. So the image is a Lili of the Valley image and I have tried to keep mainly to Christmas colours using my Pro-marker pens.Mainly using reds and greens as my colour combo I have used some Christmas paper as the base and used this lovely die cut  for my image, getting the lacy circle, which was separate from the circle to stick down was a bit tricky, as I did not want to be able to see the sticky, so had to use some Flowersoft glue, which seemed to work. I don't use glitter much as I get it everywhere but used it on her wings and the centres of her flowers to give it a bit of bling. I have added some green jewel gems to the lacy part, added a sentiment and finished it off with some candi dots.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my blog and that you didn't have too much of a sleepness night as I did last night due to the heat. Thanks for dropping by hugs Arlinex

5 comments:

misteejay said...

It's horrid when the weather is muggy like this during the night.

At least you were able to use the time constructively but boy doesn't it muck up you sleeping patterns.

Cute cards.

Toni xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh totally gorgeous creations, just love them, thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland and the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs Kate
PS I have new candy if you are interested.

Linda said...

Hi Arline love the colours you have chosen for your fairy she looks gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland love Linda

Curly said...

Hello Arline wow theses are two gorgeous cards, lovely colour themes and designs,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 145 Monochromatic
I hope you join us again next week,

I also have a little bit of Calorie free Candy if you are interested

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Helen said...

Fabulous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x