Sunday 10 June 2012

A Couple of Cards Made

Well peeps I did get three cards made today not my best but the weather here dreadful here, like most places so was snug indoors and decided to enter some challenges. So my first card today is for a couple of challenges and they are Sketch Saturday and Penny Black, whose theme this week was red, white and blue. I have used this cute Penny Black image and I have coloured her in using my Copic pens which I love to use, but most of them have now ran out, so will have to save some pennies to buy some more. The sketch is my variation on it. I have some bling to it and a cute sentiment "Being a princess is a tough job but someone's got to do it", very apt in this Jubilee Week! My next card is for Lili of the Valley Challenge and theirs this week was one for the boys. I don't do many boy cards as I don't have many male family members to send them to. It is really plain but my colour combo was mainly reds and greens. I added a small cotton wool ball for his cricket ball and used my Promarkers to colour the cotton wool red. And finally my last card for the day and that too is for two challenges I Love Promarkers and their theme was a girl card and also Allsorts whose theme was Ice Cream Colours. So to one of my fave set of stamps and they are the Humphrey range and this one is of the two little friends together. So I have used nice subtle colours from the Promarker range and they were Cool Grey 1 and 2, Meadow Green, Gold, Tulip Yellow, Lilac, Carmine, Denim Blue, Rose Pink and Pink Carnation. I have added some flowers, some candy dots, some bling and also some little bows courtesy of my best friend Jill who lives in the Midlands. She oftens sends me little packages through the post and there are always these little packs of bows in them and I always forget I have them, so I have put them in with my scissors etc so I know where they are now. Well thats it for now I am off to bed to watch my Vicar of Dibley boxed set, they must be worn out by now I watch them so much, Dawn French is so very funny love her, wish they would bring it back. Well goodnight everyone. Love and hugs Arlinex

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card for a little girl Arline. Thanks fro joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Great cards Arline, especially the last one with such a cute image and gorgeous colour!
Thanks for taking inspiration from our ice cream colours challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Kath Stewart said...

you have been very busy arline...gorgeous cards...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Steph said...

What a sweet card, I love the colours you've used and a great take on our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! x

Karen said...

Very cute Arline, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx